Chase/Livesocial Small Business Grant Application = SUCCESS DEPENDS ON VOTES !!



This came up because I voted for KYLER Jewellry in San Francisco.  The info came up on Facebook.  I looked at the application process and decided to just go for it.

Here's why I decided to apply:  I left the corporate world after 18+ years last August.  Frankly, I don't want to go back.  A lot has happened over the course of this last year.  The most important thing is the ability to do my work as a full time job instead of a second full time job ;-))  I did that for many years.   It's hard work, and not without it's challenges.  I have learned so much it's mind boggling.  I've worked harder at this than any job I've ever had.  I love it.  I don't want to do anything else,  I'd like to make it work and build on it.

Recently I have gotten involved with a major retailer and I believe some good things will come out of that for me.  Here's the thing; I have been operating out of my house, the same space, with the same equipment for over 5 years now - and it's served me very well !!  This grant would allow me the ability to get a bigger kiln,  maybe two. and some additional equipment which I know will improve my working process and subsequently improve my work.

The side note to all of this is for a few years now I have said "I want to open a shop in town".   I've mostly said it to myself, but recently I've been pitching the idea to some friends.  Of course, my dream is that I find a super cute store front in Pacifica, where I live, and create studio space with up front gallery/retail space where I can sell my work.  And even more importantly, also - I'm committed to promoting the work of others.  I'd like to continue to do that.  I believe a beautiful space with amazing work is not only possible, but needed.  As far as the Pacifica angle, it's a cute town with a lot of potential.  It feels like the town is hitting an upsurge, getting into a growth phase.  There is one gift shop, it's a good one!  I sell my work there.  But there is room for more.  I think it's good for our town.  I believe it helps boost the energy and gets people here.  I'd like to be able to do my work, sell it, sell other great artists and also create a successful business in my community.  Even help promote other small business owners who want to make a start.  Pacifica is 15-20 minutes south of San Francisco on the coast.  Yeah, yeah, it's foggy.  We have a "Fog Fest", but there's plenty of sun too...and the ocean.  We have a lot of open space and a surf culture growing by the minute.  I'd think creating a unique and interesting place - art centric - is good for my community as well as providing me with a new awesome career.  When I've talked about what I want to do - people are usually on board right away.

What's held me back; capital!

That's where Chase Bank/Livingsocial small business grant comes in.  I just had to go for it !

I can imagine there are so many people who have applied for this grant.  I am just one, many probably much better applicants with just as much vision and energy to make their business take flight.   If I had a chance at this award I'd be incredibly lucky, I get that!   and the hard work would be just beginning...

I need votes to qualify and the more votes the better - Also, I applied late and only have until JUNE 30 .  Please support my bid!

VOTE HERE -  log in with your Facebook login info and follow the prompts.
Enter LINDA FAHEY CERAMICS and then PACIFICA for city.

THANK YOU !! 

2 comments:

  1. Your VOTE HERE link doesn't take me to the voting page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anonymous friend - I changed the link to make it a step easier! thanks!

    ReplyDelete