Round Two



Sorry, I've not been 'gettin' my blog on' lately; I've been getting ready for the next show. There are good and bad things I've learned about doing shows basically back to back.

here's some good things:
  • I'm already packed and basically ready to go - I did that work packing for the last show
  • I'm "warmed" up coming off last weeks' great show! I'm not feeling as nervous.
  • The hard work is done; I'm in a more relaxed attitude about the whole thing
  • I'm excited and looking forward to the show!

couple small neg's:

  • I'm still not feeling well - I've been battling a cold/flu for weeks
  • I whipped out some new small pieces and may be pulling them out of the kiln on show day!
  • I whipped out some new small pieces and I may not be pulling them out of the kiln on show day!
I had a goal this year to do two shows and here I am; I've almost completed my goal. Of course, being in the middle of this process, I've been thinking about it a lot; what it took for me to get here, my planning, timing, organizing, what worked and most importantly what didn't work? I don't mind the hard questions; I am very interested in doing a critique on myself. How did I do? Where are my areas for improvement? What did I learn? I am already aware of some significant ways I can improving my prep. I am still working out exactly what this really means for my goals and plans for next year. So, I am going to do the Madrigalli Show this coming weekend then I hope to have a valuable discussion of my performance good and bad!

...more on that later - for now:

You may not hear from me much this week! If you're in the neighborhood, please come by the show and say hi! I'd love to hear from you.

cheers,
best,
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment