Can we talk about Susannah Israel







I admire her work so much, I find it almost formidable.  She is definitely one of the major influences for my venturing into sculpture work at all.  I attended a 'talk' Susannah did at Ruby's Clay Studio in San Francisco a few years ago.  I was so impressed with her approach, philosophy, ease and confidence in working.  She is so sure of where she is going with her pieces and their underlying stories and themes.  And she is a masterful at working loose & fast.   I admit I'm intimidated, but look forward to any time I can spend learning every little thing she is willing to teach me.


Clay Sculpture Workshop in West Petaluma
Saturday & Sunday, March 20 - 21, 2010

$250 for the two day workshop includes lunch
Reservations and Information:
katehanna7@yahoo.com 707-765-2802

effective techniques for expressive sculpting open to all skill levels
I talked with Kathleen and they are thinking about having 10 - 12 attend. 

1 comment: